Strand Theatre

Back to the Saenger Theatres

Tupelo, Mississippi



Postcard view of the Strand Theatre, Tupelo


  Click for a closer look  


Built in 1912 & named the Comus, the building was Tupelo's theatre for live productions touring the South.  It was later renamed the Strand & adapted to silent movies, then talkies.

Today it is the Lyric Theatre, & once again used for primarily live productions: it's the headquarters of the Tupelo Community Theatre.


  The Comus Theatre      

--Photograph courtesy of Jan Willis



Other information:

  Tupelo Community Theatre, who now own & operate the theatre



  Back to the Saenger Theatres  

Next: the Saenger Theatre in Vicksburg, Mississippi



Back to the Saenger Theatres